A site about Christina's year in NY and her adventures in babysitting (nannying) two kids and adventures in NYC YEAH big apple!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

hello loyal fans! :)

Ok, I know it's been forever since I've written. Sorry about that! I guess it's been a rough couple of weeks, and who really wants to write about all that for the world to read? Megan was here, which was amazing and great... just a great week full of laughs and fun-ness :) with my best friend from forever. The funny thing about her being here was that it RAINED freezing cold rain all day on Saturday, but did that stop us exploring the city all day long? Oh, NO! We had a beautiful Central Park all to ourselves, which was actually quite fantastic if you could forget that the rain was slowly turning into little tiny balls of hail all around us on the beds of grass. Oh well, we quickly (really depends on your version of the word quickly, it being over 20 blocks away) found a warm movie theater and watched the new Jennifer Aniston movie while trying to get our legs to warm up. The next day, on Sunday, it was gorgeous and we took that opportunity to tour little Italy and look out over the city and have a fantastic time in the warm sunshine. here are some pics from that... little Italy (I'm eating some lemon gelato, and those sunglasses are genuine st. quality, just purchased!)
And here's us at "Top of the Rock," kind of like the Empire State Building but I really prefer it because it seems to be friendlier, quicker, (and the waiting you DO have to do is accompanied with a great informational movie-thing) and generally a bit cleaner since they've been doing a bit of construction on the Empire lately. Anyway, it's the top of Rockefeller center.
So anyway, we had a great time. Since then, let's see. Well, the weekend after she came was Easter, which truthfully I was sort of dreading, since I wouldn't be able to see my family. Also I found out a COUPLE DAYS BEFORE that I would be getting good Friday off, which kind of gave me false hope to be able to see my family, and truthfully kind of ticked me off that I was finding out at such late notice! AHHH! So anyway, God is good and the weekend was actually quite nice, I spent some time at the beach in nearby Rye and at the dock here in Port Chester, and Sunday after singing at church I went to Easter Dinner with Regine's family which was a complete hoot. Her Italian family is great, and I actually heard her Grandpa say "fuggedaboutit" in a sentence. Haha.
Ok, more later, the kids have grown weary of playing with their toys downstairs, and I think a certain baby could use some baby food :) haha
love you all!
christina

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home