A site about Christina's year in NY and her adventures in babysitting (nannying) two kids and adventures in NYC YEAH big apple!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Another weekend in Jersey, and a new mission

Ok, so around Thursday morning, I started thinking that It would be a good weekend to go visit my friends Cindi and Cherie in New Jersey. I brushed it aside, of course, because it's kind of weird to just call a friend and invite yourself down for the weekend at such late notice, right? Well, the thought kept popping up, and after years with God, trying to listen, I've learned it's best not to just push his suggestions aside :) So, I gave them a call, and plans were set! I hopped on a train after work on Friday, and headed down there. It turned out to be just what this overworked nanny needed for the weekend. Great conversation when I got there on Friday night, then on Saturday while the ladies worked, I got started on some hot-tub sitting, some hammock-hanging out, and some good old fashioned reading. What an amazing morning! After a quick lunch, we headed out to do some errands (during which we found a gas station that was giving away free stuff and it was amazing! apparantly New Jersey's big secret are their great gas station parties. who hooooooooo!) then back to the ranch for some hard-core gardening (here's the pictures of that!)














Grandma, aren't you proud? :) haha. It was great getting my little hands dirty and hanging out in a real backyard. After we worked for awhile, we realized that today was the day I actually officially graduated from college (finished up my last 3 credits this semester with a 30-page paper yeeeeeehah!) So after cleaning all the dirt off myself, we headed out for a celebratory dinner at a great Italian place. So fun! The next day I somehow got roped into lending my soprano voice in the choir at their church, so I ended up singing the Hallelujah chorus in front of people I had never seen before! What a hoot. Anyway, so after lunch I headed back into the city to have some hanging-out time with Jocelyn before she headed to work. On the way to hang out with her, I had the experience of getting my stiletto heel stuck in a grate, just like the movie "The Wedding Planner!" Good thing it wasn't in the middle of the street! Than, while Joce and I were having some Diet Coke at the outdoor patio of a Japanese restauarant, this crazy lady with a flowing skirt and an Ipod (playing salsa music perhaps?) came dancing by, doing her best salsa moves while dancing down the sidewalk. Crazy! We laughed and laughed, yet this kind of thing is semi-normal in New York City. Always something new! After Joce headed to work, I hit up an Asian Street festival which was pretty fun until I spilt some sort of Asian food all down my shirt and kept running over people's toes with my luggage. Time to head home! Anyway, a great weekend to be had. Later I'll write about my new mission in life- aptly named "The great American Friend Hunt.") You wondering yet what that's all about? Well, I'll keep you waiting! Check in next time for the explanation, and how it's been going.
love you all!
christina
here are some pics of me with my
New Jersey friends! Look guys, you made the blog!
:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home