A site about Christina's year in NY and her adventures in babysitting (nannying) two kids and adventures in NYC YEAH big apple!

Sunday, January 08, 2006

shoulda brought more towels

so today something terrible happened. something so terrible i definately wouldn't be sharing it with the entire cyberspace world if it weren't so dang funny in retrospect.
so anyway, i've been here for 6 days i think. definately am still getting to know the house and the er.... appliances.
I'll just go out and say it.
I clogged the toilet.
they must have bad plumbing here or something because it was DEFINATELY not my fault. anyway so it wouldn't flush, wouldn't flush. wouldn't flush. and each time the water got a little bit higher, and higher, and HIGHER! so i just thought ok whatever, i'll just leave it till tomorow when the parents leave and i'll take care of it then. i'll just go to the movies and eat somewhere, just go out for the night and use the bathroom there, not drink any more liquids once i got home, and just wait it out. it's just my bathroom so no one will be the wiser.
but then i had to try it ONE LAST TIME. ugh.
anyway so it OVERFLOWS all over the bathroom. it was like the most horrible moment ever. i'm sopping it up with every towel and hand towel around. and I'm WALKING in the water on the floor! and i'm saying to myself "this is the worst day of my life, this is the worst day of my lift" ahhh! anyway so i'm toooo embarrased to ask for a plunger so i call my mom to see if the toilet wand thing could potentially do the same job but she says no, it's gotta be a plunger. and that I should swallow my pride and just ask for it.
anyway so i did.
and they didn't seem surprised...
which makes me think...
that they knew this would happen! and didn't tell me! ahhh!
anyway so it's all fine now but cindy says I have to bleach the whole thing and disinfect the whole bathroom and wash all the towels and this and that and ....
ugh.
so anyway tomorow baby einstein may be spending more time w/ kid one and kid 2 than I am, cause I've got a mess to finish cleaning up.
ain't new york fine?
christina

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home