A site about Christina's year in NY and her adventures in babysitting (nannying) two kids and adventures in NYC YEAH big apple!

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Today

So, today the stroller tipped over, and the baby inside. (no time for details now, but I wasn't entirely at fault) but anyway, SCARY! One of those "I'm a terrible nanny (for all you mothers, you know this as the "terrible mother moment" moments. Of course I remained "calm" rushing him to the doctor and waiting for 20 min. to hear a nurse say that he, in fact, only had a bump and a scrape. AHHHHHH! Rough day! Plus, tonight is the official 6 month (we've been putting it off) review, so great timing, Christina!
BUT, after 2 weeks to worry about the talk (the review) and countless times singing through the "Cast all my cares upon you" song from a Psalty musical I learned back in the day, I'm actually feeling ok about it. Regine assures me that they will mostly have good things to say, and that I love their children and that alone is reason for the parents to be happy :) Also, I have some things that I would actually like to go over with them, so it will be a good adult talk, not the scary "you're a horrible nanny" confrontation I've been dreading :) haha. Isn't it funny how the more you think about things, the worse it could go? You have all day to worry about a talk, and by the end of the day, you're thinking you're going to be fired and shipped back to Iowa for renting too many pay-per-view movies while the kids have been napping! (True story, by the way)
Anyway, so that's good. I'm feeling mature and adult and confidant about how I've been doing as a nanny, even though the baby DID have a pretty bad fall today. At the doctor's office (where I think they were somewhat amused at the fact that I took it upon myself to stop by without an appt. for a little head bump) the nurse was like "Oh, yeah he looks fine, this kind of stuff happens all the time" Which was exactly what I needed to hear. Of course, driving there I'm picturing a look of horror followed by the dialing of 9-1-1. :) Me and my crazy imagination :)
I'll write more later, but if any mom's out there have encouragement or stories about their "horrible mother moments"/ "we've all been there" stories let me know! :) love you all!
christina

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home