A site about Christina's year in NY and her adventures in babysitting (nannying) two kids and adventures in NYC YEAH big apple!

Sunday, March 12, 2006

The apartment Complex

My sis sent up a couple mix-CD's that she made and there is an amazing song that talks about the apartment complex which got me thinking- I'm not sure about what, but it did get me thinking. Like if there actually is a complex out there about apartments and if so, do college students have it? Because I'm looking for a man with a REAL LIFE HOUSE, bum college students in parents-pay-for-apartments need not apply. Cause really, wouldn't that be nice? To find a guy who already had that whole buying a house thing all figured out? I suppose if I want one with a house he'd have to be older (def. not knocking that- I am SO FULLY supportive of a certain favorite cousin's husband!! hi matt!) and possibly have kids (not knocking this either! haha) and God knows I'm definately not ready for that, since I still have problems growing out of the whole kid- deal myself. But only God knows what's in my future- in the future today is a little Grey's anatomy (a show, Grandmas and grandpas out there) and fixing a lamp in my room that the little sticky strip things are not successfully adhering it to the ceiling. ugh. Maybe they've got a stapler around here?? ...
But this is beside the point.
I had an amazing weekend...
Friday night I was just happy to hang out alone- the week had been long emotionally and otherwise- and even my fantastic new haircut couldn't give me the energy I would need to actually give a friend a call and get ready and hang out with someone.
So I was just bumming around on Friday night when I finally called my Bronx-sounding friend Regine and decided that we would go to the city to hang out later that night. argh. yep, made plans although exhausted. What can I say, my social skills are so stupendous they cannot be kept quiet. So I got beautiful in a fun and weird outfit (wearing a lot of those lately) and headed to the Columbia part of Harlem to go out with Regine's friends. We headed to a chill bar (our request- they wanted to go to a hard-core dance place but those places make me mega-uncomfortable) down in Soho and hung out there for awhile. Turns out super loud bars aren't super fun for people that don't have a pint of liquor in them, so it was just ok considering half the people there I didn't have much to talk about with, but it was definately a place I would go again. It's hard to find fun hang-out places for 20-somethings that you aren't afraid of inappropriate and unasked for touching from men, and I think this place was a winner in that respect- people were respectful and friendly and some really interesting types. I'll keep that address in my back pocket for when BEST FRIEND MEGAN comes. (22 days, she's started a countdown) So that was fun- got home at 3 am and slept in the next morning.
TO WAKE UP TO A GORGEOUS DAY.
walked around in a light jacket and a smile on my face. Coffee shop for some bible-reading and journalling, then bought a painting for the pad. Came home to an EMPTY HOUSE which was just what I needed. Spent the whole afternoon sewing pillows for my room and watching movies on pay-per-view while wearing one of my favorite skirts. I don't know why, but that made the day oh-so-much-better. Stepped out for chinese food in flip-flops and my heart was warmed at the thought of summer just around the corner. Those glimpses- when I can see myself here in the next season, having the time of my life- I realize I am making a home here! And that is a strange, strange feeling. So that was nice.
My room is looking amazing, by the way.
So great.
Then today, sang at church (went off pretty well, if I do say so myself) and had a great time praising God with my song. So many ladies from my bible study were there to support me- They all sat together, cheering me on with huge smiles on their faces. It was amazing. I am so richly blessed here. Plus one of the ladies, Lynn, is also my hairdresser, so my new hair-do was on display and it was looking good. Kudos to Lynn. :) Then Regine and I ate at Applebees, went grocery shopping, then to the movies. My first "movie with a friend" here in New York. I've been going to movies this whole time by myself on Sunday nights and loving it, but it was nice to have a friend to go with. The weird thing is- I actually really like going by myself now- Wow look at this independent woman :)
Church was amazing today- talked all about letting go of your past and letting God take hold of your future. Very applicable to life.
anyway, God is good.

love to
-shout out to Caroline, for the best package ever. (care, who is song #4 on cd 1 by? i love it. love it. love it.)
-to Matt and Coralynn, who are wonderful and I'M SORRY FOR NOT CALLING YOU BACK WHILE YOU WERE IN TOWN! I LOVE YOU BOTH! LIFE GOT CRAZY BUT I THINK YOU BOTH ARE THE BEST!
-and both sets of grandmas and grandpas- you all are wonderful and I love you so much.
so glad to share my life via blog in a way we might never get to in person :)
-britton and julie in Michigan- happy to hear you remenisce about the club- you both are part of my testimony so thanks for being Jesus to me that summer.
Cindy, Dick, Sam, Bethany, William, James, Caroline.
you're the best.
no question.
I am insanely blessed.
God, who is so good. and gives me all good things
christina

2 Comments:

Blogger gnarly nanny said...

wearing a sweet outfit always makes my day much better. :)

5:01 PM

 
Blogger gnarly nanny said...

wearing a sweet outfit always makes my day much better. :)

5:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home