A site about Christina's year in NY and her adventures in babysitting (nannying) two kids and adventures in NYC YEAH big apple!

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Stinky clean clothes

Today, I folded half a load of laundry before realizing that the pile of clothes conspicuously laying in the hallway next to the kids' room may or may not have gotten washed. I swear I put a load in the washer, put detergent in, and started it. I swear I did. Basically, I'm losing my mind :)
Welcome to childcare :)
so anyway, other thoughts...
I had a great Labor day weekend, I was unsure of how it would go, with no plans and thinking that it would be a missing-my-family like crazy weekend, with little to no plans to divert my attentions. But I made a pretty nice weekend for myself, hanging out with my bible study ladies, my Iowa friend Patrick came up to visit the suburbs on Sunday, and on Monday my friend Lori (bible study leader) and I had an amazing Indian lunch (yep, Allison and Tom, I had Indian food again. I really DID like it! :) ) and walked around a cute town on the Hudson. Pretty sweet weekend. One of those times when you can be sad and sit around or you can CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY, choose to get out there, do things, and make life happen. I've heard that if you keep doing what you're doing, you keep getting what you're getting. So if you like sitting around feeling sorry for yourself, you can do that. OR you can do something different, ASK those 40-year-old awesome ladies in bible study if they want to hang out, become a volunteer and meet people who have the same passions, join a painting class and learn a new skill (or better an old one) and have a great time. :)
my wisdom for the day :)
My mom sent me a package yesterday- a new mug that says "You can't scare me, I'm a nanny!" I took a pic with it today to send to her, and just showed it to Reily. I said "who's this?" and he said "Stina! and coffee!" Haha. Funny what kids learn. He knows what I need in the morning :)
All of you who know Caroline, say prayers for her today, she had a tough morning getting to her first day of work in Chicago. I've heard the story, it was PRETTY TOUGH. So if you think about it, pray that she has a better time tomorow and that her new bosses were understanding with a small town girl trying to get around on public transportation. ( I know how that can be-confusing and frustrating!!) I'm excited for her this semester- I think it's going to be an awesome experience in the big city, while still being in college. A pretty sweet plan if you ask me. Now that I'm done with school, it makes me wish a little bit that I had done things like studying abroad and things like Care is doing. The truth is, once I found my niche at Iowa State, I was just having too much fun to take a semester away. A semester away from the life I loved? No thank you :) and really, I guess I don't regret it a bit, my 4.5 years at Iowa State made me who I am, and even the times that I didn't love, I love now, because I learned who I was, who my God is, and who he wants me to be :)
Ok, I feel like I've been talking about college in the blog a lot lately, I guess it's because I've been reconnecting with many of my college friends lately, and so I'm catching up on this whole world that I haven't thought much about since moving here. College life goes on without me, and it's so good, hearing about what all my friends have been doing and how their lives are.
On a totally unrelated note-
one of the reasons I haven't written much lately is because the KIDS ARE RUNNING ME RAGGED! whew. For real, people. You think that the baby is behind everybody because he isn't walking yet, because he can't pull himself up, you're even trying to give him little lessons on the bench, feeling insecure anytime to see a baby his age doing cooler things. THEN HE STARTS DOING IT!! Semi-walking, scooting around the room, and it's super exciting...
until you realize what this will do to your life.
turn it upside down.
Now, he can get into almost anything in the entire house.
The kids officially fight over toys now, and the baby is like a hurricane that turns over everything in his path, which now includes even things on surfaces all over the house. Whew. It's exhausting. The fact that the baby can now reach all the 2 1/2 year old's toys, along with the teething, makes putting the kids in the car just to drive around for an hour to get a moment of rest sound pretty good (that's what I did this morning for awhile haha.)
So yeah, our life has gotten pretty different around here.
Here's some pics, of 2yr old dancing while I finished up this post, and baby playing with diapers? whatever makes him happy haha.
love you all
christina

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home