A site about Christina's year in NY and her adventures in babysitting (nannying) two kids and adventures in NYC YEAH big apple!

Saturday, June 24, 2006

ARGH

I hate being home on weekends. I mean, sometimes it is ok, but sometimes, the sounds of kids screaming and bad parenting are just too much. I can hear the older one hitting the younger one, the baby screaming, and a light rebuke from the Dad where I would have been very firm and picked up the older to be set down promptly in the time-out chair until an apology was extracted. ARGH! No wonder he is so out of control right now! And all this acting out stems from his mother gallavanting around all day long instead of being home with her kids, where she should be on the one day off all week long. UGH. Anyway, I'm also frustrated because I just found out b/c of the mom's driving around all day in the car, I might not be able to go to church OR have to be very late. I miss having my own car and driving to where I choose when I choose! I miss having my own place where I could cook instead of avoiding the kitchen on the weekends. I miss Iowa, where there are people who would let me sleep on their couches at the drop of a hat! Crystal, remember that whole semester when I would take over your room for days? Horrible roommate that semester, but we had fun, didn't we? :) haha.
Today I wanted to get my working out, out of the way before showering, and although it was raining cats and dogs I went on my run/ walk anyway. Was awesome, actually, felt really hard-core and even nodding to the other worker-outers (weren't many) I felt we had a certain comradery, being so hard-core about working out and all :) haha. Anyway, it was nice, the rain was warm and heavy, and kept me walking at my super-fast arm-swinging pace. Yep, I'm one of those ladies now. I like it, though. It's proven to be just as good for you as running, and you can multi-task by getting your phone calls out of the way, as long as people don't mind your labored breathing, you're good to go! :)
I am really bummed about the car situation right now, because I met a new friend on Tuesday (she's awesome) and we were planning on meeting up at church tonight. But now, because of the Mom's cavalier usage of (albeit, her own) car, I can't! Ahh! what about the schedule? I switched to Sat. night church because it was better for them! What am I to do now? Anyway, no more complaining, I think i'm going to go upstairs and see if I can help with the 2 year old. He really is out of control at the moment.
love you all
christina

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christina,
You should have come here for the week-end! You are welcome anytime.
Talk to you soon.
Cindi

8:05 PM

 
Blogger Mrs. Bobier said...

Sorry... I just got caught up on blog reading. Of course I remember when you would stay in my dorm for days on end. I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! You've always been my favorite semi-roommate. :)

I want you to come home too Christina. I miss you.

LOVE YOU!
Crystal Minnie

6:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home