A site about Christina's year in NY and her adventures in babysitting (nannying) two kids and adventures in NYC YEAH big apple!

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Poofy leg hair and steam coming out the ears

Pretty frustrating end of the day.
Am I overreacting to think that my time is not being respected when...
I get a call at 4:02 saying "we'll be home in 15 min." then them getting home an hour and 15 later.
And when they GET home, the Mom walks around talking on her phone for 15 while I just stand holding the baby (looking very annoyed and tired by the way)
Yes, talking and laughing while I take care of her children.
AN HOUR AND HALF AFTER I WAS TOLD I'D GET OFF WORK! AHHHHHHHHHH!!
Ugh.
Also, the mother told me something that is so wrong it's almost laughable.
and I quote...
"Children don't misbehave. They're just trying to get more attention. Also, they can act out because of inconsistencies, really, they're correcting you."
What the...? Children DO misbehave, THAT'S WHY THEY CALL IT DISCIPLINE!
Ok, I'm done :) I promise. :)
Anyway, today was alright, dropped the Mom off at work (a new development that leaves Reily screaming for like a half hr. into the car ride.) then Reily off at school. Reily was still upset from Mom leaving the car, so he cried all the way into school. Hate it when stuff like that happens cause I feel like a horrible nanny. Like shut your kid up already! :) Nah, just kidding. Anyway, dropped him off, headed home w/ the baby, and during his super short nap I got to take a shower which is such a rarity these days. Out of soap, so volumizing shampoo had to do, so I may have extra voluminous leg and armpit hair for the next few days, but I guess it'll just keep me warmer during the cold nights :)
Tonight I think I'm gonna go for a run to get rid of some of this aggression, then eat something healthy before spiffing up the room. I'll have my MOM AND SISTER as guests next weekend (not here at the house, but they'll get to tour my humble abode) so it needs to be great! I'm so excited about them coming! Anyway, so all is (sort of) well here in New York tonight. At least I'll have a quiet supper here at the homestead and not have to deal with the crazy Italians at the pizza joint Regine and I hit up last night. The men working there were like crazy flirts, it was almost weird. Got some more free food out of the deal, but the SALAD PIZZA they sent over is not really my idea of an Italian delicacy. And portly Italian men are not my idea of a hot date :)Anyway peace out.
christina

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home