A site about Christina's year in NY and her adventures in babysitting (nannying) two kids and adventures in NYC YEAH big apple!

Sunday, January 15, 2006

peruvian cuisine

so hello friends! apologies for a couple days with no blogs from yours truly, yesterday I actually spent time with friends for the first time since I moved here! social interaction! yeah! :)
then today i went to a church, which, although I won't name names. was really lame.
the "sermon" if one could even call it that, was about how we should let children be playful and we should all be more honest and playful. (??????????)
that's just silly. gorgeous church, though, really really beautiful. But I was looking for way more than just a beautiful building plus.... all those people with their gorgeous cars and fur coats looked at me pretty strangely when I couldn't get the key in the ignition correctly and the car alarm started going off for like 5 minutes while jetting out of church. ugh.
somewhere new next week i suppose :)
anyway so then i spent the rest of the day reading in bed- what a fantastic sunday, eh?
then went to the Queen Latifah movie "last holiday" FOR THE RECORD- SO GOOD prlly cliche and maybe a little predictable but let's look at the evidence...
1. I was laughing out loud in the theater
2. when it was done, people actually clapped. in the theater!
3. I left with a smile on my face
so i'd say that's a successful night! then it was so BITINGLY cold that i just HAD to stop at the first restaurant serving food i'd never tried, i mean, come on, you don't move to new york every day! so i stopped at a peruvian food joint, in which they had to scour the place for a waitress that knew english, and my food got me full after like 5 bites... and when peruvians say served with fries, they mean like fries mixed into your meal. weird, but good. the Incan place I tried the other day was better, and have the most amazing flan i've ever had. i'll have to ration the flan for sure. anyway now i'm back home, looking forward to another day of not working tom. (mlk day!) and going to finish hand sewing my pillows and gonna make me some jewelry like this amazing necklace I saw at banana republic the other day. so anyway i love you all! thanks mom, grandparents, and tina ingold for the mail i got today! loved it all!
keep it coming! ;)
christina

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home